The CRPS UK Clinical & Research Network was established in 2006 and is a research collaboration between a number of UK NHS trusts and academic institutions with an interest in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. A primary aim of the CRPS Network is to raise awareness and understanding of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome amongst health professionals, patients and the general public.
We maintain a national CRPS Registry database as part of a long-term research study. The UK CRPS Registry was set up in 2008. It holds over 600 records and has contributed to eleven different national and international research studies.
Our website offers a variety of information and resources, including:
- Details about the UK Registry
- Summaries of our research and how to apply to access UK Registry data for your studies
- Information about the proposed new International Clinical Research Registry and Data Bank for CRPS
- Links to our research publications
- Copies of our newsletters
- A downloadable resource library of leaflets, guidance and other useful links
- Frequently Asked Questions for patients
- How to get in touch with us
Our role regarding clinical advice
Please note that we are unable to offer any form of clinical advice, including specific information relating to COVID-19 or vaccines. If you are a person living with CRPS, then we encourage you to contact your GP or local pain consultant for guidance.
Many patients with CRPS may be worried regarding their vulnerability to COVID-19. There is no evidence of any specific vulnerability for patients with CRPS or chronic pain. However, we advise that all patients with CRPS follow the Government guidelines on social distancing and frequent hand washing diligently. The guidance changes daily so please check the Public Health England website for current advice.
The Physiotherapy Pain Association have provided a list of useful resources you may find helpful to look at during this period when access to healthcare provision is limited due to the COVID-19 response.
All photographic images are courtesy of Unsplash
(Site updated 09/11/2022)